Progression for Adults with learning disabilities
At Surrey Docks Farm we offer support to adults with learning disabilities in progressing opportunities both within farm projects and beyond farm-based activities into the wider community.
All training projects include regular progression, advice and support in exploring community and work placements. Our bi-weekly programme includes:
- Progression and employability workshops run throughout the farm term time, either in a group format or one to one.
- Workshops explore:
- The concept of progression and why people want to progress in life.
- Kinds of progression available (Training, volunteering, employment etc)
- Establishing the kind of progression an individual may want to progress to.
- Support in exploring opportunities progressing into further roles, on and off the farm.
- Setting out of personal trackers to record progression progress.