Cow Pat is a training project at Surrey Docks Farm that provides adults with learning disabilities the opportunity to learn skills in animal husbandry such as: feeding, exercising, grooming and mucking out.
Popular activities include taking the donkeys for walks by the river and providing enrichment for the animals e.g. harvesting vegetable treats for the pigs or making feeding tubes for the rabbits.
- Cow Pat training is delivered on Mondays
- All our training projects run for 40 weeks of the year from 10am to 3pm
- Cow Pat has a ratio of one trainer to four students
- In addition volunteers are recruited specifically to support people attending the projects
- Students can attend with their own support worker if one-to-one support is required
- Places are funded by personal budgets authorised by Social Services
- We offer a free trial period, so potential students can decide if the project is for them