New Leaf provides training in horticulture for small groups of adult students with learning disabilities. Training takes place using the classroom, polytunnels and individual vegetable plots. Students chose the crops they would like to grown each season and through this learn the skills of growing. Students take real pride in taking their crops home, or selling them to the public in the farm shop.
- New Leaf training is delivered on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays
- All our training projects run for 40 weeks of the year from 10am to 3pm
- New Leaf has a ratio of one trainer to three students
- In addition volunteers are recruited specifically to support people attending the projects
- Students can attend with their own support worker if one-to-one support is required
- Places are funded by personal budgets authorised by Social Services
- We offer a free trial period, so potential students can decide if the project is for them