Staff Vacancies – Livestock Apprentice
Surrey Docks Farm is a working city farm and education charity that enables the whole community to learn about farming, food production and the natural environment.
We deliver a range of community programmes targeted to engage those who would benefit most and are supported by hundreds of dedicated volunteers who attend on a weekly basis.
We are free to visit and open seven days a week, enabling people to see the Farm in action and purchase a range of fruit and vegetables, as well as eggs and meat grown or reared on site.
Livestock Apprentice Vacancy
We’re recruiting for a new Livestock Apprentice to support the Livestock Manager to maintain the high animal welfare standards at Surrey Docks Farm; to assist with income generation and volunteer engagement; and to assist with delivery of the Mobile Farm outreach project.
The Livestock Apprentice will be supported to gain a Level 2 Diploma in Work Based Animal Care & Welfare with regular visits from a KEITS training provider.
This is a full time post for 35 hours (Sunday-Thursday) paid London Living Wage.
What we’re looking for
We are keen to hear from applicants who have excellent people skills; enjoy working in a diverse team; thrive in a busy, varied environment and want to take on new challenges and responsibilities. We are looking for applicants who are interested in using this apprenticeship to gain new skills and knowledge to progress in an agricultural or city farm career.
What we can offer you
- A friendly, creative and supportive team
- A unique work environment, with livestock and gardens right next to the river Thames
- London Living Wage salary and pension
- External training in order to gain a Level 2 Diploma in Animal Care & Welfare
- Support and work experience opportunities to develop a career in this industry, through our excellent links to the wider farming community
How to apply
Please follow the below steps carefully to apply for this post.
1. Please download and read the below Job Description and Person Specification.