Surrey Docks Farm is seeking volunteers for its Management Committee!
We’re looking for local people who are interested in being on the board of a highly valued Southwark community organisation and have the skills to support the Farm at a strategic level.
We are interested to hear from people that can help us develop the below priority areas in order to complement our existing committee members experience:
- Local people (SE16, SE8, SE1)
- Parents/Schools connection
- Financial background
- Agricultural background
- Previous trustee experience
We are committed to recruit in line with our equality, diversity and inclusion policy (available to view here)
Brief of the Committee
- HR & Safeguarding
- Local Knowledge
It’s also beneficial to have interest and knowledge in a mixture of the following areas: volunteering, fundraising, equality and diversity, outreach, marketing, health and safety, maintenance, animal care, food growing, community cooking.
The current committee members are here.
Expectation of time commitment
- All Committee members are expected to take an active interest in the Farm, attend Committee meetings regularly, and respond to emails etc. between meetings.
- The Committee typically meets ten times a year, with two meetings per quarter one focusing on finance and one focusing on other business. Meetings are usually for 1-2 hours from 7pm on a weekday evening online via Zoom. Dates are flexible and agreed in advance.
- The application process will be open until 5pm on Thursday 29th February.
- We will contact those of you who we will shortlist and invite to the farm for an informal tour with another management committee member and a member of staff.
- DBS and reference checks will take place with your permission
- You will be able to shadow a Management Committee meeting
- You will have 121’s (in person or on the phone/online) with other management committee members
- Successful candidates will then be co-opted onto the Management Committee
We look forward to receiving your application!