The Moo Crew is a project tailored to adults with learning disabilities who want to work with animals, experience farming in the city and be involved in the working life of the farm. Students learn transferrable skills in animal husbandry, feeding, animal care, grooming, incubation, birthing, mucking out, farm maintenance and general farm DIY.
- Moo Crew training is delivered on Mondays
- All our training projects run for 40 weeks of the year from 10am to 3pm
- Moo Crew has a ratio of one trainer to four students
- In addition volunteers are recruited specifically to support people attending the projects
- Students can attend with their own support worker if one-to-one support is required
- Places are funded by personal budgets authorised by Social Services
- We offer a free trial period, so potential students can decide if the project is for them