Piglets Club is for 2-4 year olds to learn about where food including meat, eggs, fruits and vegetables comes from on a working farm in central London. Sessions are designed to engage children in an interactive way with animals, plants and the environment. Children (and adults) are encouraged to take on new challenges, be active and explore their environment with all of their senses, no matter what the weather!
Tasks include collecting the duck and chicken eggs, topping up wild bird feeders, stroking and feeding the animals, walking the ferrets and much more!
”My child really enjoys interacting with the animals in Piglets Club and especially enjoys touching and feeding them!”
“Piglets Club allows my daughter to have a taste of Farm life that most city children never get to experience”
“My child will even now put their hand under a chicken to harvest eggs”
“These sessions help build my son’s confidence in handling animals”
“The staff are great at being all inclusive with the kids and not pushing them”
“Opportunities like these are so important in central London for children”
Sessions take place from 10am – 11:30am on Thursday mornings.
We encourage families to bring snacks and drinks to enjoy at the end of the session to get to know other local families.
Booking terms and conditions:
- In order to conform to health and safety procedures, only one adult is permitted to attend the session with their child/children. Any additional adults will be asked to leave the group.
- Refunds or session swaps are not available, therefore, please check dates carefully before making a booking.
- One booking is the maximum per family group per term.
- The same children attend on a monthly basis for one term.
- This project is currently not grant funded, so there is a charge to take part.
- Parents/carers will receive information about staying safe on the Farm. Please read through this carefully and ask if you have any questions. This includes important information for those who are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Dates for the next Piglets sessions (Winter 2019 – Spring 2020) will go live in December.
Group 2: Feb 13th, Mar 12th & April 23rd
Group 3: Feb 27th, Mar 19th & April 30th
Spring – Summer 2020
Group 1: May 7th, June 4th & July 2nd
Group 2: May 14th, June 11th & July 9th
Group 3: May 21st, June 18th & July 16th