Tower & Riverfront Development
Surrey Docks Farm has an exciting new development underway – which we are looking to complete by Autumn 2019.
We would really appreciate your help and involvement to:
- Come to our open days and hear more about what’s planned
- Tell us how you’d like to use the new facilities and if there’s anything else you’d like to see
- Support us by completing the form below. This will demonstrate to funders that we have community support and will enable us to record your ideas and suggestions to feed into the project.
We will also be holding open days on Thursday 12th and Friday 13th April from 11am-4pm where we’ll be joined by our architects. We’ll also have a morning session on Saturday 14th April from 11am-1pm.
Please feel free to come along, look at the plans and share your views in person.
Restoring the Tower
Following an arson attack over 10 years ago the tower has remained as a burnt-out shell. The plans will enable this space to become a functional asset to the Farm for the future.
The new three floors will enable:
- Farm Kitchen: Accessible ground floor community cooking space to upgrade our current offer to adults with learning disabilities, provide a kitchen big enough for group workshops for all ages and abilities to cook using produce grown right here on the Farm.
- Farm Office: At last a dedicated office space for the Farm team to be based.
- Community Room: Calm, therapeutic, multi-functional community space on the top floor, with exceptional river views. Perfect for art and craft workshops or for an unusual meeting space.
Creating a new River Room with Orangery Extension
- State of the art, flexible, multi-functional space with new floor, heating and lighting
- Enlarged windows facing the the river, highlighting the exceptional docklands views
- New glass orangery extension allowing for a multi-use space in addition to the river room
- Fully equipped for school classes to carry out workshops
- Clear open accessible space for community groups
- First rate meeting facility with projector, pull down screen & black-out facilities
Opening the Farm’s River Frontage & Enabling Evening Use
Developing the riverfront area will enable the Farm to offer a unique community space for sitting out socialising, community events and greater income generation opportunities to help sustain the Farm’s future.
- Relocating our main entrance to the North gate on the Thames Path, making for a safer shared access space entrance
- Creating one wide central access path leading from the Thames Path directly to the farmyard
- Developing a new area directly outside the River Room, allowing for a mixed use patio, outdoor seating and growing space
- Ensuring a fully accessible entrance and pathway into the Farm (with no more cobbles!)