Staff Vacancies – Youth Worker
Surrey Docks Farm aims to engage the whole community to learn more about farming and food production. We are a working city farm and education charity growing and selling a range of fruit and vegetables from the plots, as well as eggs and meat from our animals reared on the Farm.
Youth Worker Vacancy
We’re recruiting a Youth Worker to deliver our established youth club that welcomes twenty 8-13 year olds on Sundays. The Youth Worker will support and champion young people from across Southwark, helping to deliver an engaging and ambitious Youth Programme. The Youth Worker will create ongoing opportunities for local young people, challenging them to develop new skills, realise their potential, contribute to the local community, work effectively in a team, and learn about farming, food and the natural environment.
This is a part time post, the successful candidate will be employed for 7 hours per week on a Sunday. The youth clubs run from 10am-12:30pm and 2pm-4:30pm with ten young people per session.
Please be aware all roles will require two written references and an enhanced DBS check in line with our Safeguarding Policy.
What we can offer you
- A friendly, creative and sociable team
- A unique work environment, with livestock and gardens right next to the river Thames!
- To be part of a London Youth quality accredited Youth Programme
- Support from an experienced Youth Manager
- Free training opportunities to develop your skills
How to apply
Please follow the below steps carefully to apply for this post.
1. Please download and read the below Job Description and Person Specification.